The IEEE Transactions on Magnetics is published 12 times per year. Submitted manuscripts should be in areas of science and technology related to the basic physics of magnetism, magnetic materials, applied magnetics, and magnetic devices.
The submission of a manuscript to the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics implies that it has not been copyrighted or published and that it has not been submitted or accepted for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts submitted for publication are subject to peer review and the established technical and editorial standards of the Transactions. The IEEE Transactions on Magnetics strongly discourages courtesy authorship. It is the obligation of the authors to cite relevant prior work.
The IEEE Transactions on Magnetics publishes articles in the following five categories:
- Classic in Magnetics - re-publications of articles that represent important landmarks in the development of magnetics
- Advances in Magnetics - technical articles providing critical reviews of current topics by noted experts.
- Contributed Papers - unsolicited technical articles of archival values, typically less than 15 printed pages in length.
- Letters - short technical communications of archival value, limited to a maximum of three printed pages in length. Letters are not intended to report preliminary work. Letters receive expeditious review and handling.
- Selected Conference Papers - technical articles of archival value in connection with certain magnetics related conferences. Authors submitting papers in this category must follow specific instructions provided by special conference guest editors and send their manuscripts directly to those editors.
Prospective authors of extended invited papers should contact the Advances in Magnetics Editor. Conferences interested in publishing selected, peer-reviewed papers in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics should contact the Conference Editor (see below).
An IEEE style guide, "Information for Authors," and other author tools are available at http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/. For detailed instructions on the preparation of papers, scroll down to "Word Template for Transactions on Magnetics" and download either TRANSMAG.DOC or TRANSMAG.PDF.
IEEE Transactions on Magnetics does not have page charges. Color printing of figures is available for a minimum fee of $1200 per manuscript. For a precise quote, please contact the IEEE Transactions/Journals Department at (Click to show email). There is no charge for color in the electronic version of manuscripts.
It is the policy of the IEEE to own the copyright to the technical contributions it publishes on behalf of the interests of the IEEE, its authors, and their employers, and to facilitate the appropriate reuse of this material by others. To comply with the U.S. Copyright Law, authors are required to sign an IEEE Copyright Form before publication. This form returns to authors and their employers full rights to reuse their materials for their own purposes. Authors will be required to file a copyright form electronically after their paper is accepted for publication.
The articles in this journal are peer-reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE Publication Services and Products Board Operations Manual. Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles are screened for plagiarism before acceptance.