As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic more face-to-face meetings are becoming possible, though concerns remain about international travel. The Education Committee is planning for an in-person international magnetics Summer School in 2023, in Bari, Italy. In preparation for that, we have sponsored or jointly sponsored a number of mini-Summer Schools through the IEEE Magnetics Society local chapters.
The meetings include:
- IEEE Magnetics Spain-CMAG Student Workshop, Llanes, Spain, June 6-10
- IEEE Magnetics Society Korea Council Chapter 2022 Student Summer School, Seoul, Korea, August 10-12
- Joint IEEE Magnetics Society Taiwan Chapter 2022 Workshop – Taiwan Association for Magnetics Technologies Annual Meeting, Hua-Lien, Taiwan, August 24-26
- IEEE Magnetics Society Nanjing Chapter 2022 Student Workshop on Spintronics in Quantum Materials, Nanjing, China, October 14-18
- IEEE Magnetics Society Thailand Chapter 2022 Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, November 16-18
- IEEE Magnetics Society Italy Chapter-PETASPIN 2022 School on “Spintronics: Fundamentals and Applications”, Messina, Italy, December 13-16
- IEEE Magnetics Society North Jersey Chapter 2022 Student Workshop, December, Newark, NJ
It is still possible to apply for funding if your in-person event will be held in 2022 and your local chapter has not already received support. For more information, please contact Sara Majetich.